As we have looked at CBD and THC that they are compounds found in the cannabis plant. Also, CBD and THC come in various forms. CBD comes in the following forms
- Supplements, and
THC is also available in the following forms.
- Tinctures, and
- Smokable products.
Even though CBD and THC are both found in the marijuana plant and both are cannabinoids, it has some slight differences; let us now look at the CBD vs. THC effects.
- CBD won’t make a person get high, unlike THC, which may cause a person to be high.
- According to medical prescription, whenever a person takes medical marijuana (CBD), it has some small amount of THC. The result of taking these medications is that a patient will not feel high, unlike an instance whereby a person is taking medical marijuana THC, which causes a person to experience a high after taking medication.
We now know that CBD and THC are both from the cannabis plant, and they are both used for treatment. CBD is majorly used for the treatment of the following disorders.
- Mental disorders are commonly known as psychosis
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Treatment of seizures.
- Treatment of migraines.
On the other hand, THC is used in treating the following disorders.
- Low or lack of appetite,
- Insomnia, and
- Muscle spasticity.
In some instances, CBD vs. THC can be used together to treat pain, anxiety, and nausea.
CBD vs. THC has some effects, either adverse effects or positive effects. This medication has very few side effects. According to World Health Organization research (WHO), CBD has no known side effects; in their research, they have stated that CBD is even safe when taken in large qualities. WHO has done the research and clearly that some potential side effects might even come up as a result of interaction with other medications in the human body.
On the other hand, a person who is under THC medication may experience some non-permanent side effects, which include the following:
- Dry mouth and red eyes
- The person may take a longer time in responding
- The person may feel high
- A problem of memory loss also may arise
- Increase heartbeat or rate.
The problem of getting high is usually associated with teenagers because their brain is still growing or developing online with WeedSmart. Research shows that regular consumption of THC may increase the risk of developing a particular disorder called schizophrenia. Generally, neither CBD nor THC has some severe side effects.